Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Muy emocionada!

I leave in less than 12 hours and I'm just about bursting at the seams. It feels as though it has been so long that I've been thinking about this journey and it is hard to believe it is really happening. I was picking up an adapter for my camera battery charger and the clerk at the store asked me where I was traveling. To which I blithely replied,"I'm heading to the Falkland Islands and Antarctica"....surreal. It is a phrase not commonly heard, yet it passes off my tongue so quickly!

I've been hanging out with my brother tonight which I believe is quite appropriate. The last time I headed to South America I spent 10 days in Toronto hanging out with my bro. I had just finished my undergraduate degree and was ready for adventure. (I distinctly remember his friends asking me if I had just graduated high school....so much for appearing to be the older sibling!) Well here I am, freshly graduated as a Master (of the Universe) and I am once again spending some quality time with my little brother on the eve of my next adventure.

I will do my best to keep anyone following me up-to-date, but I can't promise any total regularity. 1.....2......3.....here I go!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go chica! I'll be traveling with you in spirit this time - following along on the interweb and reminiscing about a time when you headed off to the Falklands four years ago! Maybe next time I'll get to go with you. :-)
    Have a safe, awe-inspiring, beautiful journey. I can't think of anyone I'd rather have as an Antarctic Master Chaperone!

    Love Sara

    ReplyDelete