Sunday, December 28, 2008

T minus 24 hours

Heading to "The Ice". I feel this call to Antarctica and have felt it for the last six months. When my original trip was cancelled, I tried to squash the overwhelming feeling of disapointment, of a lack of control, of frustration. "Keep an open mind" I told myself; "something good will come of this". Easier said than done. Yet here I am, on the verge of heading to the ice once again albeit under different circumstances. I'm not sure what it is I hope to find there, or what I expect will happen. But I will travel once again with an open mind. Even still, I hesitate...nothing is ever certain and I won't feel settled until I am on the deck of the boat, looking out at the Beagle Chanel, waving goodbye to Ushuaia and setting forth for the southern end of the world.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I'm so happy you managed to find a way...... not that I ever had any doubt but I'm so happy it worked out for you. I suspect you cashed in some Karma and got what you deserve. I hope you have a great trip to Antartica and I can't wait to see some photos! We were rootin for you on this side of town!! And speaking of which we are FINALLY getting another round of snow!!! Love to you lady. Thinking about you today. I believe you have probably set out on the open sea by now if all worked out.......

    ReplyDelete