Thursday, December 18, 2008

Keeping an open mind...



Well I've arrived back in Stanley after 12 glorious days on Staats Island. We flew out by military chopper and landed safely on the island with the guanacos alarm calling like crazy!
I'll post more when I've got a bit more time, but just to update....right before I left Punta Arenas I got word that the vessel I was supposed to be taking to Antarctica had grounded and might be in need of some repairs. Yoiks! While on Staats we had a visit from one of the most notable sailors in the Antarctic region, Jerome Poncet (and part owner of Staats Island) who went to great lengths to tell me how the HMV Ushuaia would have to go into dry-dock to be repaired, which would take a few months.
So......my plans are a little unsure at this moment. I haven't received any other news from the Students on Ice folks, which is a little frustrating. If the trip is cancelled I might just have to charm my way on to another boat and find another way to get to Antarctica! So I'd appreciate some positive visualizations for the next few days.....

I'll post more tomorrow, once I get a shower and a sleep in a real bed (although I must say my little tent rocks!!!!).

Ciao ciao,
Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment