Friday, December 5, 2008

I made it...at least the first leg!

I´ve made it to Punta Arenas at the south end of Chile. We´re going to the Instituto de Patagonia tonight where Dr. Bill will be giving us an overview of the work he´s done with the guanacos over the last few years. I spent a bit of time looking out over the Straits of Magellan this afternoon, nice and sunny weather...did a bit of journaling and just soaked in my surroundings.

When I met up with the rest of the group in Santiago, it finally felt real. I´m here, this is actually happening!
Hasta luego!

1 comment:

  1. Great news! I was checking on the Punta Arenas website and had a look at the Strait of Magellan...impressive. I didn't realize that PA had a population of 120,000 plus...hmm! Is it cold and windy there?

    Hasta la proxima!

    ReplyDelete