Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Dinner....Freestyle...


It is amazing what you can pull together for Christmas dinner when a Brit, 2 Brazilians, 2 Germans, a Quebec-er, an American and an Albertan put their minds to it! We decided to have a little cooking fiesta last night and made ourselves a meal our mothers would be proud of! And when you think that we didn´t even have an oven, I´d say we did a pretty darn good job.
The menu: garlic ´smashed´ potatoes, steak (for those of the carnivore persuasion), mixed vegetables with blue cheese sauce, and for desert.....a stove-top apple/banana crumble with an oatmeal-type pancake topping! And of course, some good Argentinian vino.
So we feasted and enjoyed the company of previously complete strangers, and swapped Christmas and travel stories.
Today, some friends and I walked up to the Glacier Martiel in the pouring rain. Still a good time regardless of the weather.
I am counting down the days to the Antarctic departure...I have got my binoculars ready and will be charging my camera batteries to get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment