Thursday, February 12, 2009

Latest updates

So...I've been back home for about a month now, and back into the swing of things with work and trying to get out and play as much as possible! It has been great getting back to my home and my friends and believe it or not, work has been good too. I still have many moments where I long to be back on a ship or camping beside penguin burrows though....I suppose I will just have to keep working on my plan to get back down south.

My latest crazy news is that I am now the owner of a feline friend. Those of you who know me well will understand that this is quite surprising as I always vowed never to have a cat. Yet I was contemplating getting a pet and realized my life was not quite ready for a dog. I went to the Bow Valley SPCA in Canmore and found the coolest cat there...an 18-month-old orange tabby. He has chosen the name Atticus; I considered Sanchez, but he's a bit too contemplative to be a Sanchez, and not enough trouble to be name Jesus Christ (sorry Mike). He and I are currently chilling out, watching the Planet Earth series and so far we're getting along well! My only request to all of you is to prevent me from becoming "the crazy cat lady of Bow Valley"...I'm only allowed one cat.

So that's the latest news from this wandering Alberta girl....although with the addition of Atticus, I won't be wandering too far for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment