Saturday, February 7, 2009

January 7, 2009 -- Decompression...

I'm back in Ushuaia and I still feel like I'm on a ship! The back and forth motion is kind of nuts...it is actually somewhat difficult to write at the moment. And when I'm walking down the street, it feels as though I'm weaving my way down the sidewalk...hopefully it's not too noticeable!
I went to Tanta Sara, the cafe where this all began, for a little cafe con leche and who do I run into but Mark -- the whale guy! Then as I was searching for a place to eat lunch, who do I run into but Mikolaj, Niklas, Geoff (the bird man), Alex (zodiac driver extraordinaire), and Gary (zodiac driver)! So I had lunch with the expedition staff one last time. These people have just been wonderful on my trip...who knows...maybe one day I'll work along side some of them! On a side note, I met some crew from another ship and one of them happens to live in Bamfield, B.C. the rest of the year! AND he's good friends with my gal Kylee! Ushuaia really is the smallest place in the world!

Tonight it's supper at La Rueda -- the best parilla in town -- with all of the other backpackers that got last-minute tickets as well. And tomorow night is the "wrap party" for the film crew! Only a few more days until I head back to the real world...

No comments:

Post a Comment