Friday, May 21, 2010

Gifts...

Day 25 and still going strong.
The last few days have been pretty busy and tiring at work and when I got home from work today I crawled right into bed for a little power nap.  When I awoke, the coziness of my bed seemed so much more comfortable than stepping out the door.  The wind has been howling through the valley for the past few days -- whipping and whirling about -- which makes going outside slightly less welcoming.
However, I donned my toque and scarf and headed out.  I was rewarded a thousand-fold for my outdoor venture!  Mother Nature put on the most beautiful display for me today.  As I made my way from the lake back towards home, I was greeted by the magenta hues of the Shooting Star...bursting forth from the green grass.  The crocuses are of course everywhere, and the other fuzzy flowers are starting to bloom too!  Locoweed and showy locoweed...and even some Old Man's Whiskers.  All of these wonders aside, the thing that absolutely made my day today was discovering a patch of Rock Jasmine.  I fell to my hands and knees immediately to inhale the most beautiful scent.  I think I could have lain there for a few hours were it not for the biting wind.  It's like having an old friend return to the neighbourhood...I think I may have even exclaimed out loud with glee at seeing the perfectly tiny white blossoms.

So I have been gifted this evening.  A little wander outside always turns into something more, and my soul awakens a little bit more every time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment