Saturday, January 1, 2011

Photos -- Take II

Driving in Kolkata

Restaurant sign in Varanasi

Bicycle rickshaw rides in Varanasi

Squat toilet on the train

Early early morning in Darjeeling waiting for the sun to rise

One of many barber "shops" in Darjeeling

The Czech girls and our Polish friend trying to get warm in Darjeeling

Christmas Day in the Himalayas

My Christmas dinner consisted of a veggie samosa, some veggie broth, a plate of Tibetan momos and some masala chai...yum!


Flat tire on the way out of Darjeeling...glad I gave myself lots of time before my train!

Early morning rickshaw ride back to the apartment in Kolkata...a delightful journey home.

Pan...a leaf filled with sweet stuff, rose petals (that taste like perfume) and tobacco -- the guys like it, but I sure don't!

1 comment:

  1. I guess this place is magnetic for Canadians. ;)

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dancorbett/4579256207/

    ReplyDelete