Monday, November 29, 2010

Getting outside...

Wow!  It has been a while since I've updated this blog.  But here I am once more. 218 days since my resolution was made and I have been surprised at how easy it has become to get outside.  Alas though, I must confess...Days 211 and 212 were the first time that I did not make my 30 minutes outside.  And no, it was not because of the -39.3 degree morning (without windchill), nor was it a lack of time.  I got ousted by a yucky 24-hour bug that had me shivering in bed with a fever, preventing me from enjoying my precious time in the winter wonderland that is Bow Valley Provincial Park.  By the end of Day 212, I think I had some kind of cabin fever and even just getting outside and into my car to drive to town was exciting.  On Day 213, even with a windchill of -30, I bundled up and finally got in a walk in the park!  Oh to breath the fresh air, to feel the whip of the wind on my cheeks and to have that glorious tingle all over when I got back inside...

I'm realizing more and more just how grounding it is when I am able to spend that mindful time outside.  I am thankful to be healthy once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment